Top Five Study Spots in Brea

Kasia Alexander

Featuring Starbucks, Corner Bakery Cafe, and more, the Brea Gateway Center is a convenient local spot to study and to work on group projects.

A return to full in-person learning also means a return to students trying to find the perfect study spot. Fortunately for the hard-working students at Brea Olinda High School, there are plenty of places in town to write essays, work on group projects, and cram for exams. Here are the Wildcats’ five favorite places to do school work outside the home.

Downtown Brea – 330 West Birch Street

Home to many restaurants, coffee shops, and even a park, Downtown Brea is the ultimate destination for studying. Bruxie’s, Elbows Mac N Cheese, and Merely Sweets are just a few of the casual dining establishments where students can study for AP Human Geography quizzes and satiate their appetites. Downtown Brea is also home to the spacious Ruby’s Diner, a hub for BOHS students, and another great spot to grab lunch — a cheeseburger, fries, and shake, perhaps? — while studying. If studying in a restaurant is too distracting, the Wildcat recommends getting food to-go and work in Park Downtown just around the corner from Roll Em Up Taquitos.

Kimmie’s Coffee Cup – 770 South Brea Boulevard #115

Late start Wednesdays are the perfect time to catch up on late work, study for an upcoming test, or finish up assignments from the night before, but instead of waking up early to work from home, pack a backpack and head to Brea favorite Kimmie’s Coffee Cup. Not only is it an ideal spot to work on homework, but students will also be supporting a local business while enjoying  a great breakfast of pancakes, bacon, and eggs. (Get coffee to-go fo fuel your entire morning.)

Wildcatters Park – 3301 East Santa Fe Road

Wildcatters Park is a peaceful alternative to studying at home or working indoors elsewhere. With many tables, benches, and an expansive grassy areas to lay out a blanket, Wildcatters Park provides a stress-free environment to complete school work. Studying under the sun (or in the shade), and amidst the quiet of nature, will make for a mellow study session. Located a couple of miles east of BOHS, Wildcatters Park is ideal for an after school study session or a meeting place for group projects. 

Brea Gateway Center (pictured) – 305 Imperial Highway

With Starbucks, Blaze Pizza, Corner Bakery, and more, this popular outdoor strip mall on the corner of Brea Boulevard and Imperial Highway is one of the best places in Brea to study. Featuring an outdoor courtyard and free wifi, Brea Gateway Center is an ideal place to work solo or with friends on assignments that require online access. With options like Cinnaholic, Fuji Grill, and Panda Express, there truly is something for everyone in a study group working hard on homework to enjoy.

Brea Civic Center and Orange County Public Library – 1 Civic Center Circle

The library is an obvious choice for studying, and for good reason. The quiet and calm of the library provide the perfect atmosphere for completing assignments. With access to a wide variety of books and access to computers and internet-enabled computers, the library is a useful (and often overlooked) resource for projects or homework. The Civic Center is also a short walk to Target and Rubio’s to the north, and the Brea Mall to the south, providing those students immersed in marathon study sessions a slew of snack and food options.