Meet the Stars of this Years’ Homecoming Court

The+Homecoming+princesses%2C+from+left+to+right%3A+Briana+Edmonds%2C+junior%3B+Monique+Diaz%2C+sophomore%3B+Brielle+Denbo%2C+freshman%3B+Brooklyn+Mercado%2C+junior%3B+and+seniors+Sam+Dizon%2C+Grace+Yoon%2C+Dahlia+Chavez%2C+Megan+Swenson%2C+and+Nina+Corral.+One+senior+will+be+crowned+Homecoming+Queen+at+Friday+evenings+football+game.++

Kasia Alexander

The Homecoming princesses, from left to right: Briana Edmonds, junior; Monique Diaz, sophomore; Brielle Denbo, freshman; Brooklyn Mercado, junior; and seniors Sam Dizon, Grace Yoon, Dahlia Chavez, Megan Swenson, and Nina Corral. One senior will be crowned Homecoming Queen at Friday evening’s football game.

Walking the red carpet and into the spotlight at Brea Olinda High School’s Hollywood-themed Homecoming is the 2021 Princess Court.

Each princess — five seniors, two juniors, one sophomore, and one freshman — was voted by their respective class to represent BOHS on the Homecoming Court. One senior will be crowned Homecoming Queen at Friday’s football game.

In the spirit of the evening’s theme — “A Night Under the Spotlight” — the Wildcat got to know each princess better with four movie-themed questions.

Grace Yoon, senior

1. What is your favorite movie? 

“My favorite movie is Teen Beach Movie.” 

2. Who is your favorite Hollywood icon/celeb?

“My favorite Hollywood Icon [is] Ariana Grande because I relate to her music and I love her acting.” 

3. How would you become famous?

“Honestly, I would probably do something dumb and my friends would post it on TikTok [and it would go viral]. 

4. If you were a Hollywood icon all of a sudden, what would be the first thing you buy or do?

“I would put my money into stocks.” 

Megan Swenson, senior

1. What is your favorite movie? 

“My favorite movie is Howl’s Moving Castle.”

“My favorite is Timothee Chalamet because I love his acting and I think he is very attractive.”

3. How would you become famous?

“I believe that my style would get noticed by people and I would turn into a fashion icon.”

“I would buy a mansion in the hills, away from everyone.” 

Nina Corral, senior 

1. What is your favorite movie? 

“My favorite movie is Can’t Buy Me Love.” 

“My favorite Hollywood icon is definitely Audrey Hepburn.” 

3. How would you become famous?

“I would probably become famous through singing or acting!”

“If I was an icon all of a sudden, I would definitely buy a Tiffany’s store.” 

Dahlia Chavez, senior 

1. What is your favorite movie? 

“My favorite movie is La La Land.”

“Zendaya is my favorite Hollywood icon.”

3. How would you become famous?

“I would probably become famous by being a backup dancer of some sort.” 

“I would buy a dalmation first.”

Sam Dizon, senior 

1. What is your favorite movie? 

“My absolute favorite movie is La La Land; from the music to Emma Stone and Ryan Gosling’s acting, to just the colors and the whole screenplay…it really makes the whole movie beautiful.” 

“Taylor Swift, because she’s been through so much, and she’s able to put all of her highs and lows into art and create such beautiful masterpieces. She has something for every genre, [there must be] literally something that you’ll like about her.” 

3. How would you become famous?

“I would want to become famous either through activism and advocacy or through my art. Maybe a combination of both!” 

“I would want to save a lot of it because it’s never a bad thing to save money, and also donating to charities, maybe have enough money to create nonprofits to bring positive change.”

Briana Edmonds, junior 

1. What is your favorite movie? 

“My favorite movie is Wild Child.” 

“My favorite Hollywood icons are Harry Styles and Olivia Rodrigo.” 

3. How would you become famous?

“I would become famous through TikTok.” 

“The first thing I would do is take a vacation to somewhere tropical.” 

Brooklyn Mercado, junior 

1. What is your favorite movie? 

“My favorite movie is Flipped.”

“Michael Jackson, because I grew up with his music and he’s a really cool guy.”

3. How would you become famous?

“It would probably be by doing something dumb and it gets posted online or on TikTok.”

“I would first donate 50% to mindorofund.org charity and then after that, buy 20 rescue dogs.”

Monique Diaz, sophomore 

1. What is your favorite movie? 

“My favorite movie is Scarface, mainly because Al Pacino is gorgeous and I love the plot.”

“My favorite celebrity [is] definitely be Mac DeMarco. He is humble, makes good music, and has a great personality.”

3. How would you become famous?

“If I were to become famous, it would be due to a singing career which one day I might pursue.”

“The first thing I would buy would be a house for my two grandmas because they honestly deserve the world.”

Brielle Denbo, freshman

1. What is your favorite movie? 

“My favorite movie is Flipped.”

“Emma Watson, because she’s super smart, uses her platform for good, and is an amazing actress.” 

3. How would you become famous?

“I would probably go viral on TikTok for a random jump-scare video because I love taking videos of me scaring my friends and family.” 

“I’d probably use a lot of my money for cancer research because I know a lot of people with cancer currently and a lot of people close to me have recently passed because of it.” 

BOHS’s Homecoming football game is this Friday at 7 p.m. against Fullerton Union High School in the Wildcat Stadium. The Homecoming dance takes place the following week, on Sept. 25, from 8 p.m. to 11 p.m. at the Yost Theatre in Santa Ana.